Search engine optimization remains king in digital marketing for increasing brand awareness, establishing credibility and relevance, and generating sales.
If reaching farther appears to be one of the leading objectives of organic SEO, local search engine optimization, on the other hand, is geared toward providing more “focused” results. With local SEO, all results are most relevant to the searcher based on his current location. For example, you’re looking for the best spa; using your smartphone, the search engine will then provide you the list of spas closest to where you currently are. Quite simple, right?
If your business would like to benefit from this type of SEO, directing more attention toward time-tested strategies will do the trick, and some of them are rounded up below.
1) Go for a responsive website design – Most people these days use their portable Internet-connecting devices (smartphones, tablet PCs, and even gaming consoles) when looking for services they need. By making your website design responsive, they can automatically access it, and properly see what it’s all about and how your business can provide what they need.
2) Reference your keywords in the title of your page, as well as articles and other information – Say, you own a spa. Don’t just use the brand or name of your business. For example, it’s Heavenly Wellness. Add the word “spa” to the title so it’s easier to find in the Web. Do the same with articles and blog posts, and include the location of the business as well.
3) Post reviews, testimonials and rankings – These never fail to increase visibility and generate traffic, especially for websites that give direct access to services. The best online marketers say that listings with great reviews always stand out, so do encourage your customers to share their experience and provide feedback on your site.
4) Always provide a concise and informative meta-description – Yes, people do read them because it helps them determine if the website is indeed worth clicking and exploring. And to further benefit from it, don’t ever forget including the location of your business in the 150-character meta-description.
5) Associate your listing with the most accurate category – For example, you have a dining establishment that serves Oriental fusion dishes. The most relevant category to place it in is “Asian Restaurant” instead of just “Restaurant.”
If you’re unsure of where or how to get started, order a free search engine optimization audit. This 100% no cost service will detail exactly what needs to be fixed on your website and how well you’re doing versus your competition in building a strong web presence. Click the banner below to get started now.